What’s the difference between the free and premium versions of the MSTW Bracket Builder?
The premium version provides much richer front end displays of brackets and fixture tables, and it automates tournament creation and management.
How can I create a 64 team tournament, like for NCAA March Madness?
SURE. Create four 16 team tournament brackets, one for each region, and one bracket for the final four. (The video tutorials show how to build a final 4 bracket with “West Regional Champ”, “East Regional Champ”, “Midwest Regional Champ”, and “South Regional Champ” as placeholders until the teams are known..)
How do I need to install the MSTW League Manager plugin to use the MSTW Bracket Builder (Premium Version) plugin?
ABSOLUTELY NOT. BUT, if the MSTW League Manager Plugin is installed, two additional capabilities are available which might be of interest:
- MSTW League Manager and Bracket Builder share a database of Teams and game Venues (or Locations). So if you have created a set of Teams and/or Venues in League Manager, you can reuse them in Bracket Builder. Also, League Manager has the capability to import Teams and Venues for CVS files. A quick way to get a large set of Teams and/or Venues into Bracket Builder is to import them into League Manager. (You can even deactivate League Manager after the import.)
- You can restrict the list of Teams assigned to a tournament to those in a League Manager League. This reduces the size of the dropdown menu of teams, which can be convenient on a site with a large set of Teams.
Do I need to use the Teams or Venues database?
No, you can enter the tournament’s teams as text fields, but you will make more work for yourself. Some things to consider:
- Games in future rounds will not be updated based on previous round’s results. You will have to enter the text for each and every team in each and every game.
- The team name format will be limited to the text you enter – no logos, no option to show name or mascot or both.
- Home teams can not be schedule to be the Highest Seed.