The MSTW League Standings plugin manages standings tables for multiple leagues including the fields used for most major sports (football, soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey). Standings tables are highly configurable. Each column (field) may be hidden and each column may be re-labeled, so fields can be re-purposed for various uses. Site defaults may be set in the Admin Display Settings page but they can be over-ridden by [shortcode] arguements for each individual table. See the MSTW development site for some examples.)
The following features enhance the plugin’s usability on both the front and back ends:
- Unlimited Number of Teams and Leagues – may be created. Historical (final) results can be saved.
- Highly configurable standings tables – plugin settings allow an adminstrator to set defaults for a site. But each standings table may configured to show/hide individual columns (fields) and their headings. So data fields may be re-purposed for various uses.
- Standings may be sorted and ordered by win percentage (which is automatically calculated), points, or rank.
- “Teams” may be displayed as team name, team mascot, or both. (A “team” may be repurposed to be a driver, for example.)
- Plugin Stylesheet – allows an administrator to style standings tables displays via one simple, well-documented CSS stylesheet (css/mstw-ls-style.css).
- Internationalization – the plugin is fully internationalized (as of v 3.0) and Croatian, Spanish, and Swiss German translations are included with the distribution. (Many thanks to Juraj, Roberto, and Chris!)
The League Standings plugin is the fourth in a set of plugins supporting the My Sports Team Website (MSTW) framework; a framework for sports team websites. Others include Game Locations, Game Schedules, and Team Rosters, which are available now on WordPress.org.