MSTW Team Rosters 4.4 will be released soon. It contains three new features:
- The new [mstw-tr-roster-2] shortcode (display shown below).
- Added a new “long format” player position (shown in the shortcode display below)
- Worked on improved responsiveness of this page, and re-worked the player profile/bio page display to greatly improve its responsiveness.
The man page for the shortcode is available here.
A quick introduction to the [mstw-tr-roster-2] shortcode:
An update to Team Rosters 4.3 should have appeared in your admin panel. It has two new features:
- The Settings link from the plugins page now works (most people don’t use this, but it’s there and can be convenient)
- A dropdown menu of all players on a selected team appears on the player bio page for all players on that team
If you don’t particularly need these features, there’s no real need to update.
New Features in the Next Release
New features are planned for future releases. The list of features has not been finalized for any version. Some requests are:
- A dropdown menu to switch between teams in the roster table and gallery views, much like the new dropdown on the single player bio page
- Increases control/flexibility of the data fields displayed in the roster table, gallery, and single player bio views
- Upgraded views of roster tables
- Improved control of the size of player photos ( a feature that definitely has some issues right now)
- Addition of a year (season) to each roster, so one can build an organized history of a team’s rosters
If you have something you would like to see in a future release of Team Rosters, now is the time to send them to me via e-mail.