The MSTW Game Schedules plugin manages multiple sports team schedules including: game dates and times, opponents, locations, results, and links to media (print stories or video on games). It features a countdown timer from the current time to then next game or next home game. Shortcodes and widgets are available to display schedule tables, sliders, and countdown timers.
NEW IN VERSION 4.0
There are numerous NEW FEATURES in the front and back ends of version 4.0:
- New [mstw_gs_slider] shortcode providing a schedule slider [screenshot-8]
- The ability to display multiple schedule IDs (teams) on the same schedule table or slider.
- The ability to display team logos on schedule tables and schedule sliders [screenshot-8]
- Re-purpose data fields via show/hide and re-label display settings. (Similar to what can be done in the other MSTW Plugins.)
- Supports a complete suite of custom time and date formats via native PHP date format strings
- Color settings admin screen so that display colors can be controlled without editing CSS files
- Display next N games from current date in schedule tables (the [mstw_gs_table] shortcode and widget)
- Filter allowing developers to control user access to the Game Schedules admin menu items
Front-end features for Website visitors
The following features enhance the site user experience:
- Schedules Slider -displays scheduled games in a slider format
- Schedules Table – displays full schedules in tabular format
- Countdown Timer – displays countdown timer to the next game
- Team Logos – can now be shown on all of the above displays
Back-end features for Website Admins
The following plugin features enhance the website admin experience:
- Sort the All Games table by schedule ID. This frequently requested functionality makes life much nicer for admins with many schedules.
- Integration with Game Locations Plugin – makes it easy to enter game locations and link them to maps and enue websites.
- Unlimited Number of Schedules – may be created, so historical schedules and results can be saved and future schedules can be advertised.
- Import Schedule from CSV Files – allows an administrator to upload schedules from CSV format files.
- Plugin Stylesheet – allows an administrator to style schedule and countdown timers shortcode and widget displays via one simple, well-documented CSS stylesheet (css/mstw-gs-style.css). In version 4.0, CSS tags are available to style each display individually by team. See the examples on the MSTW development website
- Internationalization (I18n) – the plugin is fully internationalized (as of v 3.0) and Croatian, Spanish, Swiss German, and Finnish translations are included with the distribution. (Many thanks to Juraj, Roberto, Chris, and Lauri!)