Version 1.1 of the MSTW Bracket Builder Premium plugin is now available. It is primarily a maintenance build, including:
- Extensive work done in the plugin’s default stylesheet (/css/mstw-bb-styles.css). The tournament brackets display beautifully in my development theme (a WP Twentyeleven child theme). See http://dev.shoalsummitsolutions.com/t-test/. Some CSS work may be required for your theme. The primary driver is the width of the bracket’s containing element. It should be at least 750 pixels wide for basic single elim brackets and 900 pixels wide for double elimination brackets with consolation games.
- Fixed bug that displayed -1 in the League column of tournaments table on the Tournaments screen when no league has been selected.
- Fixed bug that displayed -1 as the team name when no games had been entered (updated) on the Update Games screen.
- Updated the users manual. Check it out at https://shoalsummitsolutions.com/category/users-manuals/.
Upcoming versions of the MSTW Bracket Builder Premium plugin will include:
- Restructure tournament set-up. The current tournament setup of the first round is awkward and non-intuitive. We will try to improve it. The improvements will also accommodate the two enhancements described below. If you have some suggestions, please send them along ASAP.
- Better display of multiple first round BYEs. Ever build a 10 team tournament? It’s annoying to deal with six first round BYEs, and the team receiving the BYE can be advanced to the second round, the first round byes need not appear in the graphical display of the bracket.
- Group or round-robin play. There have been many requests to better incorporate group play to fill the bracket (or knockout round). Round robin play can be handled with (small) leagues in MSTW League Manager. How we can do this without further complicating the first round setup remains to be seen, but we’ll push the rock some distance down the road.